Dr. G.
Dr. G., Psychologist
Experience:  Licensed Psychologist in the state of Minnesota

I have an 11 year old grandson and i dont know how to ask the

I have an 11 year old grandson and i dont know how to ask the question sence i have only raised 3 daughters and never had experanced raising a son,so i will just start by saying, over the week end the 11 year old and his 4 year old brother were staying the night with their grandma and i. the two boys had gone to bed in a queen size bed together. After a while i heard them, what sounded like play and the little one resisting, so i went to check on them and observed the older one hunching on the younger one. I believe the older one is intering puberty and i need to talk to his dad and or him about his actions but i dint know how to start, can you direct me to some advice. The boys are good boys, making good grades in school and are well manered and come from a well disiplaned family. I await your input. Thank you_ Granddad
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. G. replied 6 years ago.
Definitely talk with his parents about what happened. It may be time for a sex talk and a good touch bad touch talk with your grandson. His parents should initiate this talk. They should also ask him where he learned to act that way and see if anybody has done that to him. Do not shy away from this topic as it is very important and needs to be addressed. If his parents are not willing ot talk with him then send him to a professional counselor who can talk about these issues with the whole family. I say tell the dad and let them handle it.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thank you for the help. you have confermed what was thinking. I feel we can handle it from here and normal family life will contenue.