Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.
19260254

i live with my mum but she can be very controlling she bullys

i live with my mum but she can be very controlling she bullys me shouts at me we cant talk as it ends up in argument i try and calm it down but she goes out of control i get blamed for everything i dont know wot to do if ever i try to say something i get told not talk under my breath dont let me hear i can never have my say as she sais dont talk rubbish there is lot more wot should i do ??

Good Morning,

You are in a difficult position living with an abusive parent. If possible, try to move out.

It not, you can either try to ignore her negative remarks or confront her. Confrontation may feel good to you only initially as you unload your pain but it doubtful that she will change. People (including parents) must want to change; she may not see anything wrong with her actions. It may be better to see that how she is and try to ignore or not believe her negative remarks. You could also write her a letter of how you feel/it is up to you. The person who is hurt always exerts more energy than the abuser.

When You and Your Mother Can't Be Friends: Resolving the Most Complicated Relationship of Your Life by Victoria Secunda