Dr. Rossi
Dr. Rossi, Licensed Psychotherapist
Experience:  Certified Hypnotherapist, Parenting Book Author, 13+ years of experience.

My 16 year old son just dropped out of high school. What can

My 16 year old son just dropped out of high school. What can I do to motivate him to get his GED and drop this nonsense of becoming a famous musician?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Rossi replied 6 years ago.

Good Evening,

You can try to encourage him to at least consider online or distance learning programs that offer GED studies. Perhaps try to set some kind of limits (if there are privileges that he gets from you such as cell phone, car, brand name clothes, pocket money etc) you may limit these and see results such as enrolling in a class, doing his work etc. before you allow him to have them. Also, you could try to have him do work around the house (anything that you need a hand with) in order for him to start taking responsibilities and in becoming aware that money is needed in order to have things even if it is food, shelter and clothes and that it is hard for people with degrees to find jobs especially know (needless to say individuals without an education)