Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Family Counselor
Experience:  Parenting Workshops, Teacher, PHD Clinical Psychology, 30 yrs. Exp. 4 Children

My husband and I are separated, by his choice, can he come

My husband and I are separated, by his choice, can he come by the house and remove our children? He has a history of depression and being bi-polar. I have written him to let him know that he needs to get back on his medicines and seek counseling before I would allow him to see our children, but does he have the right to remove them legally?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Dr. Keane replied 6 years ago.

If you are legally separated and have a child visitation agreement in effect it has to be followed. If you are concerned about their safety then you would have to call the police. They are his children too and unless you can prove he is dangerous and not capable of being responsible you need to take action.

Please click ACCEPT and leave FEEDBACK when you are satisfied.