danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

my 3 almost 4 yr. old son has always had this deal with his

my 3 almost 4 yr. old son has always had this deal with his penis and his butt.... always playing with the front when he drinks his cup, trying to touch people with it and bending over and sticking his butt in the air. Then yesterday he was caught with is pants down letting the dog lick his penis and butt. Dad repeatedly uses the term 'pervert' and I disagree. Please advise.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Its normal for a young children to touch themselves, because it is pleasurable to them,boys tend to do it more because in their innoccence they don't see it as anything wrong, as they begin to get older though we need to let them know its a private thing and if they must do it then please do it in private!

And I would say your son if you know for a fact he has never been abused sexually, then he is just copying what he has seen the dog do!

Dogs lick themselves constantly, or some more than others. If it has been as hot where you are at, as it has been here, I would say that is why your son has done this, it isn't because he is a pervert, at his age he is too young to know better, unless another child has shown him this type of acting and he is copying it!

But it is important for you to sit him down and let him know this is not a good thing, and he mustn't do it again, because the dog is an animal and most people do not do this!

I do think he is too young to know that there are some people out there that do these type of sexual things, so I wouldn't tell him just yet!

Children watch everything around them, they mimic what we do, the neighbors, other children, even animals, if we don't know better, its a learning process!

If you have other concerns, you would like to discuss, please ask me, I'm here!

And,"POSITIVE FEEDBACK", only takes a moment and is appreciated!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
So getting rid of the dog if it happens again?
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
I would suggest at least giving the dog a chance and see if your son, will understand well enough that its not something he should be doing, because he may go the opposite way and in future years think its okay, but must be kept a secret from you!

But if he just will not stop then by all means get rid of the dog,but make sure your son understands this is not acceptable actions and if he doesn't stop you will have to give the family pet to someone else!

Please remember to click the green accept button, so the site pays me for my help!

danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience: Have 5 children !
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Who do I ask about a relationship question?
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
You would open a new question in the Relationship area !