danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

Hi. 6 years ago my ex boyfriend sexually assaulted my daughter

Hi. 6 years ago my ex boyfriend sexually assaulted my daughter whilst she was asleep in her bedroom. He went to the doctor the next day because he thought I would forgive him if he got help! Unbeknown to him the doctor reported him to the social services!! I threw him out and he got arrested and put on the sex offenders register for only five years which is spent now!! He continues to deny any thing ever happened to his friends and family which is tearing me and my daughter appart, we are treated like lepers and my daughter gets abuse by his own daughter! Is there anyway we can obtain a written statement from the police that this incident really occured. My daughter has nitemares still and its absolutely terrible watching her suffer! He tells everyone that the police have oppologised and no one knows he had to report to the police on a regular basis to sign the register. hes so sly its unbelievable. I need closure and my daughter is made to look like idiot, .Please help. Jan
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

I'm so sorry for you and your child!I understand because I have a daughter who is now 38 and it happened to her, from a babysitter's husband, it was a terrible time, going to court and them trying to decide if she was old enough to testify, back then 6 was too young,but she spoke so well they were able to put it though, so I do know where you are coming from!

Its possible that the sex register files, may still be online, if they are, you could print a copy. But if they aren't I think it would be wise to go to the police for a restraining order, if his daughter is doing these things it can't be allowed, and you can bet she knows its true, that's a hard thing to hide for long!

Also, please consider getting counseling for you and your daughter,it helps to talk to someone, I blamed myself for a long time thinking I could have prevented it!

If you would like to talk about this further, please let me know!

If not, please remember to click the green accept button, so I am paid for my help!

And "POSITIVE FEEDBACK" is a great way to say "THANK YOU!"
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
thankyou so much for your lovely reply. However I still would like to know if the police would allow me to have printed affermation of the offence so I can at least have it in writing ans showpeople the truth and it DID happen and not a figment of our imagination. It wasnt in the papers or anything as he admited it so didnt go to court! just arrested and put on the register. Hes managed to hide it from the public so well. We really cant move on !!!
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
I don't believe that the police will or can give out that information, if its still something he must report on, then they may! But it doesn't hurt to explain and ask!

But also you must realize until you seek help, you won't be able to move on!

danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience: Have 5 children !