danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

My daughter took a grammar school entrance test recently, she

My daughter took a grammar school entrance test recently, she was disturbed by outside classroom noise, the invigilator asked the group of 6 girls if the noise was disturbing them, the other girls replied no, my daughter didnt answer she is 12 and quiet, the invigilator then said there is nothing i can do about it anyway. I am appalled that this can happen, my daughter subsequently scored 112, the score needed was 117. I am looking for some urgent advice on this matter.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

He could have gone outside and asked whoever was making the noise to please stop!

I would also go to the principal or whoever would be in charge of this invigilator and ask that because of the circumstances that your daughter be allowed to retake the test, that you are not asking for special favors, just that your daughter be allowed to retake because of the noise that was allowed so she wasn't able to concentrate!

If they refuse, then take it to the Board of Education in your area, so that you can explain what happened and she will be allowed to retake this test!

If you want to discuss this further, I'm here for you!

If not , please remember to click the green accept button, so the site pays me for my answer!

Positive feedback is a great way to say "Thank you" as well as a "Bonus" if you feel you would like to!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

I have appealed and am meeting the Kent County council board on the 30th June, i just wondered if there are any specific rules regarding examinations and the policy on noise - so that i can print them off and be well armed.

It is too late to speak to the school now.

There are no policies on record that state there must be silence while taking taking the test, but it is a unwritten law at schools to have it as quiet as possible for the kids to take these tests.

The only rules as far as the exams are is it must be on time and there is usually a time limit to do the tests.

You should be fine, most council boards recognize that in order to do exams there must be quiet.