danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

Searching for a school,therapy or chilminder that can help

Customer Question

Searching for a school,therapy or chilminder that can help 5year old daughter to potty training Can someone please help me.Mary.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

I have never heard of a school that will teach potty training. That is something that the parent or parents have to work on themselves, or hire someone to come in on a basis everyday to train the child.

As far as I know any person that has children or a daughter could do, but I suggest if you have time you really need to try to train her. Most girls at the age of 5 are very trainable unless something has happened that they are incapable of learning. If this is not the case with you child, then I can suggest a few things to try.

You could get a potty chair if you don't already have one and when you go, have her go and set on the potty also,if she pees or has a bowel movement, praise her, telling her she is a big girl and doing a great job.

You could also make a chart and every time she goes potty, give her a gold star, at the end of the week, take her to get an ice cream or a movie, a little reward for her trying and having success!

I am also sending this web site, and you can use these suggestions!

http://ezinearticles.com/?Can-You-Really-Potty-Train-Your-Child-in-One-Day?&id=2331707

If you need to discuss this further, please let me know!

Please remember to click the green accept button, so I am paid for my help!

Positive feedback is greatly appreciated!
Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Dear XXXXXny,

Thank you for your replying to me.

My daughter is so scared to sit on the toilet and do her poo,she is scared of the smell and so on,she has like a phobia more like it,any advise,should I consult a therapy for her.

Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
If she is seriously bothered by it, you could try spraying Febreeze or another product.

But if its that serious, that you feel she will not try, then I would consult her doctor, first and get his advice, then a counselor that can get to the bottom, of what is stopping her from trying!