danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !

whats the best way to go about raising a 19 month old girl

Customer Question

my poor little 19 month old niece in stuck living between 3 different places, and for awhile now she has been staying with one set of grandparents for 4 days the other set for 2 days and with me for one day ( i had more days with her but, gave up some of my days so she wouldnt be at so many different places in one week) so far my niece has been adjusting fairly well- although this "living arrangement" has been going on since last July, so really, this is all she knows, and probably thinks this is normal, but now that shes getting older, im getting worried that this is going to do more harm to her then good, so i was thinking of suggesting to the grandparents that we do 1 week at each house, would that be better for her then what were doing now? or do you have any other suggestions for me? on a side note all parties involed are working with child services, and the goal is to have my niece in one home only, by the time she is approx. 23 months old. P.S.S the grandparents dont get along
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

This is a tough situation, no matter what you all decide. Children Services should try to make a quicker decision on this.

Then you say both the grandparents don't get along, so if they show that side to your niece eventually she will feel the tension and it will hurt her not understanding it.

Both sets of grandparents will need to set down and decide how to handle this. Otherwise Child Services may decide not to place her with either set.

Now as far as the going back and forth between houses, it will be alright as long as she is being showed constant love and her needs are taken care of correctly. At this age in her development as long as it doesn't continue after the 23 months, she will be okay. As she gets older depending on who gets custody of her, they will have to make changes in their life style as grandparents if they are still young and lively she will be fine as long as they don't spoil her too much.

Later on, potty training, feeding herself correctly, will come into play but it sounds like as of now that you all have a great support system.

If you have further questions, lets discuss it.

Please remember you must click the green accept button for me to get paid!

Positive feedback would be great too!
Expert:  danny541 replied 4 years ago.
Was there something else you needed help with? If not, please click the green accept button so I'm paid for my help!