Nurse Milli
Nurse Milli, Nurse
Experience:  Over 16 Years Experience in bed-side nursing, ER, OB/GYN, Med/Surg, Psychiatric Nursing and Triage.

Why aren t stuffed bunnies used rather than teddy bears at

Why aren"t stuffed bunnies used rather than teddy bears at time of death?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Nurse Milli replied 7 years ago.

Generally speaking, for example, in the hospital whenever a newborn passes away, either before birth, during birth or shortly thereafter, and if the family wants pictures made of the deceased baby before they go home from the hospital, a teddy bear will be placed with the baby as sign of comfort to the baby while the picture(s) are being made. It is only a gesture of love and comfort. Historically speaking, teddy bears are a sign of comfort and this is really the only reason that they are used. I suppose if the family wanted stuffed bunnies, or any other animal, that would completely's just a well known gesture that teddy bears are supposed to bring comfort.

Hope this helps

If my answer has provided you with some good insight today, please click "Accept" and I will received proper credit for my time and effort, otherwise, will hold your deposit. Before leaving feedback, please let me know if you need clarification or more info.