danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !

How do i get my 4 month old son to sleep in his crib at night

How do i get my 4 month old son to sleep in his crib at night? he will take about an hour nap in there, if i am lucky
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

What have you tried so far?

Why won't he sleep in the crib? Where have you been having the baby sleep?
Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
A lot of parents tend to make the mistake of letting baby sleep with them, its new, you feel like you will be there if they need you, but then its harder to get them to sleep in that crib.

There are a few things that can help, a crib mattress is much harder than a regular bed mattress, and cuddled up against mom feels so warm and safe!

So that all being said,

Try to make the space around baby smaller, so they don't feel that they are in a huge crib, and they don't feel safe.Try rolling blankets around in a circle, far enough away so they won't be able to topple onto the baby in their sleep!

Mom's smell is also very important, they smell you constantly, so try putting a top, or something in the crib, near their head so they can smell you and be comfortable!

I'm giving you this web site that has many other idea's that you can try, I'm sure they will work, because they are things that my wife and I had to try also!

Remember, the baby has been in a small place for nine months, so their world was always small and warm !

Remember to click the green accept button, so I'm paid for my help !

Positive feedback is appreciated !