danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

I have a 20 year old daughter that was excepted to an outstanding

Customer Question

I have a 20 year old daughter that was excepted to an outstanding college 3 hours away, but now she is considering to go to a local college because her boyfriend of 4 months didn't get in. Help?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

What exactly do you need us to help you with?
Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
Remind your daughter, that a few hours living at different colleges,will give them both room to test their relationship, if they are around each other constantly that they may never get the chance to be sure.

Sit her down and ask if you can talk to her about a few things.Remind her, that this college is a better college, and that this is the time to experience her freedom from everything, and how important it is to concentrate on school right now to get ahead.

After all, our country is going through many changes where only the best of students will get their dream jobs, if her grades don't stay high she may just miss out.

A four month relationship is not long enough to take a chance on something that will impact the rest of her life.

Ask her to at least give it a chance and see what happens. If he isn't willing to let her go to get a better life then maybe he's not meant to be that important other in her life!

Please remember to click the green accept button so I'm paid for my answer!

Positive feedback is appreciated !