danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !

My ex-wife and I are joint managing conservators for a 6 year

My ex-wife and I are joint managing conservators for a 6 year old daughter residing in the state of Texas. My ex-wife just leased one of her rooms to a 50-60 year old male. Our child lives with her half of the time and I don't have enough information about her new male tenant (whom I believe she was previously dating.) I am worried that my daughter could be exposed to perversions or into a hands of a pedophile. I have contacted Child Protective Services asking for a welfare check but all they can do is document.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

I can well understand your thoughts on this, with so many things going on these days you can't be too careful.

But Child Protection Services is correct, they can do nothing, to invade the man's privacy unless they suspect he is doing something, and then it could be too late.

What I suggest is you run his name in the Public Access file, that most police depts. have on line and see if his name comes up on anything.If he has ever been charged with anything, it should show up.

You can also contact the police to see if his name has ever come up with the pedophile section, they will have a list of any known pedophiles in the area that he lives in.

The only other thing you can do is to protest to her mother and if that doesn't help, then go to court, but without proof, its pretty futile.

Please remember to click the green accept button, so I receive payment for my answer!

Positive feedback is appreciated!