Rafael M.T.Therapist
Rafael M.T.Therapist, Family Counselor
Experience:  MHT-MHRS-MS-MA Integral Psychotherapist & Life Coach

Hi, my teenage child decided to leave her mother and come live

Customer Question

Hi, my teenage child decided to leave her mother and come live with me. She is in a new school she does not want to be in. She doesn't speak about the issues. How can I be sure she is ok? How can I be ok?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Charlene Hertzberg replied 7 years ago.

Has her mother given you any indication as to why she might have chosen to leave and come live with you?

Is the new school at your home or at her mother's house?

Will she be moving to live with you or has she already made the move?

You asked "How can I be ok?", can you be more specific with what you are asking on this, are you wondering how you can be okay to live with?

Customer: replied 7 years ago.

Her mother is very upset about all. It came as a 'shock' although she gave my daughter an ultimatum to choose where she wants to live.

the new school is quite a distance from my house but even further away from the mother. I drop her off in the mornings and pick her up in the afternoon.

She has already moved in.

I am upset with my childs emmotional abuse she suffered at her mothers hands. I am not sure how to handle it. It keeps me awake at nights.