danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !

I need to know how much I should be giving my 5 and a half

I need to know how much I should be giving my 5 and a half month old...........he currently has 5 bottles of 7oz milk per day, and veggies at lunch and baby rice after his last bottle. However he seems to be struggling with all that milk and I am not sure whether I should drop a bottle? would it affect his sleep at night? would he wake up if he missed a bottle in the day? his routine is all over the place at the moment........any advice about his napping and feeding routine on a daily basis
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

Most babies of this age take 32 oz. per day of milk,if you feel he is struggling to drink all his milk you might try giving him a little less after he eats a meal.

As long as he accepts this,its the best way to go, never insist upon him eating more than he wants,he will adjust as time goes by, and he sounds like he is getting plenty of food.

If you would like to discuss this further, please ask.

If not then please remember to click the green accept button, so I get paid for my answer !

Also positive feedback, is really great for my ratings, as they are for you, if you come back again!