danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

how to deal with a 15 years boy spending many hours infront

how to deal with a 15 years boy spending many hours infront of x-box live, meanwhile, his grade are very good at school
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

How much time does he spend playing the games? Are they violent?

You say his grades are good in school? Does he have other activities he does?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hello Danny,

Thanks for getting back so quick, Friday nights and weekends, he ususally sleeps 2 am, and weekends 10-12 hours, most of games are violents, but this week he's playing skate board 2, which is not violant. He prefers to eat at the basement in front of the X-box. Activity wise, he used to play basketball, not anymore, he used to go to the gym at school, but now, he just told me, he will go twice per week at school.

He has lot of friends on line via X-box, some times I take the X-box wires completely from him, but of cource, he gets crazy, and try to reconnect it when I'm away from the house. He doesnt like to go with us to visit friends, even some times there are kids his age, but for him its (DON'T WAIST MY TIME). Hardly going to Church every Sunday.

Thanks for any advise.

Expert:  danny541 replied 5 years ago.
Sorry it took so long to respond.

The first thing you need to do is set up some ground rules with the game system, starting with a clean bedroom, any chores that must be done.

Then I will put on rules to how much time he can spend playing each day. Take the wires with you if you have to be gone or under lock and key if it becomes that serious. And the fact that he has quit the basketball at school and going to the gym are serious reason.

Constantly playing violent games can lead to violence if its all that is his life. It can lead to overweight, eating or snacking in front of the game, instead of taking the proper amount of time to spend with the rest of the family.

He could become an introvert, that doesn't want to spend time with friends, church, school, etc.

There are many bad things that can happen if he pulls away from real life, you see it now and must put a stop to it for his health and well being.

Life must come first, not a game, if he will not obey then lock the game up, take it away until he learns to comply. Don't let it become a huge issue for the problems down the road!

If you have more questions or want to just discuss your thoughts on this, I'm here to talk!

If not, please remember to click the green accept button!

And "POSITIVE FEEDBACK" is good for my ratings, and good for you, when you come with another question to the site!
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience: Have 5 children !