danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !

At what age should children be kept out of the bathroom with

At what age should children be kept out of the bathroom with parents? Im dating a man with a 6yr old daughter and he allows her into the bathroom while he is on the toilet and actually plays with her there, tickles etc! This is incredible to me, but he said it is normal and accepted.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 7 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

I don't know where he got the idea that its normal or accepted, but it certainly is not! Once a girl, gets to the age of 4 its a time to give her privacy, and if he is using the bathroom, she could be seeing things that she should not.

If for some reason, such as something would be wrong, she hurts herself, hard bowel movement, something that is hurt, it would be acceptable to check any medical type problems, but playing in the bathroom when he is going, is not normal or ever acceptable!

Please let me know if there is anything else you need help with on this question!

If not and its acceptable, please click the green accept button, and positive feedback is great!