danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

I HAVE A 12 YEAR OLD STEP-SON THAT IS CONSTANTLY GETTING IN

I HAVE A 12 YEAR OLD STEP-SON THAT IS CONSTANTLY GETTING IN TROUBLE AT SCHOOL( at least 1 detetion a week) ,AND AT HOME ( fighting with his 7 yr old sister,not doing chores ,refusing to help out the family,and is usually crying any time he gets told anything he doesnt like.) MY WIFE AND I HAVE TRIED ALL THE SUGGESTED PUNNISHMENTS     (Taking away toys,corners,chairs,sitting on beds, taking privlagdes even wacks on his but ) NOTHING WORKS WE HAVE BEEN DEALING WITH HIM ON THIS LEVEL FOR ABOUT 9 YRS WHAT DO WE DO NOW?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 8 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

You need to try counseling to get to the root of the problem! He sounds like he is angry and at his age doesn't know how to deal with it. Its a cry for help, that has been unanswered.

As he get's older, it will get worse until its outright rebellion, he is still young enough to find help if you take him where he can talk to someone that's not a part of the situation.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
HE DOESNT TALK TO COUNSELERS