danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

What is the easist way to take my 2 yr old off the bottle

What is the easist way to take my 2 yr old off the bottle?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 8 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer!

The easiest way is to introduce the drinking cup at one year or even a little before. At the age of two you are allowing them to hurt their teeth that has been growing in. So that being said.

As the parent you will have to offer them the cup and only allow them at first to have the bottle at bedtime. But for all other times it must be a sippy cup or a cup that has a straw inside to sip from.

You will have to be strong in this, at first they will resist the idea and fight you on it, but if you stay strong , loving, and presist your child will realize that they want to drink from the cup, just like mom and dad or other children.

I welcome any other questions you have on this subject, please ask so we can discuss it.

If you have no other questions, please remember to click the green accept button, so I get paid for my answer! And positive feedback is a great bonus!