Ms Chase
Ms Chase, #1 Just Answer Parenting Expert
Experience:  Just Answer Parenting Mentor, Emotional, Behavioral & Physical Issues. Babies to Teens.

my toddler nearly 3 still loves the breast and wont go to sleep without it I ha

Customer Question

Grace is nearly 3 and loves the breast I am 9 weeks pregnant and at my wits end as I can't get her to bed at night and giving her breast is my only option. I have tried everything and at one point, 18 months, she was off the breast but went back to it. I am desperate now. I have tried all the bedtime routines and nothing works for her.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 7 years ago.
Hello Gilly,

It would have been best not to go back once she got off, because now she knows that it's possible for you to give in to her and she'll make it even harder....especially with the new baby coming! One thing you can try is letting her know that you'll only do it at night, right before bed. I'm not sure your exact reason for wanting to stop, if it's the pregnancy or that she's just old enough in your opinion. There's no real age to stop, it's really up to you, although friends and family will be quick to point out their opinion, but it's your choice. I'm going to give you some relevant links and once you look them over, let me know if you have any other questions