danny541
danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !
4284543

I have caught my 12 year old daughter 4x looking at lesbian

Customer Question

I have caught my 12 year old daughter 4x looking at lesbian porn on youtube. Is this normal? She states she likes boys but that looking at it makes her feel a little better. Help. I am ready to scream
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 6 years ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer !

Does she say why it makes her feel better ? And how does it make her feel ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
She will not say why it makes her feel better. I have tired to get that information. I don't know what else to do.
Expert:  danny541 replied 6 years ago.
In my opinion it would be best to use the parental lock on this channel. She really should not be watching this type of porn, or any porn at her age, because, she is just too young to comprehend what it all means.

Its possible that she has a friend or friends that watch it and has goaded her into watching it to, and it makes her feel strange and she doesn't understand the strange feelings that are involved with this type of subject matter.

If it becomes even more of a problem or if she objects to your decision, then take her to a good counselor who can tell you first what its about and then if you approve of her answer, then, let her and you explain it to your daughter.

Sometimes I feel counselor's have there own spin on these things depending on their sexual preference and on their religeous thoughts about it, so get the information first and make sure you agree and it makes sense to you !

Please remember to click the green accept button, so I get paid for my advice and positive feedback would be appreciated !
Expert:  danny541 replied 6 years ago.
If you have more concerns on this, lets discuss it !
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
My problem is that she had done it already 4x. Maybe she is just being curious??
Expert:  danny541 replied 6 years ago.
Once is curious, twice is trying to figure it out. Third and fourth, would be interest ! And that would be my biggest worry. You didn't say ,but did you see what she saw, what kind of lesbian porn was it ? There are different types, from, straight on lesbian sex, to violence and other types !
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
girls kissing girls and pics of girls having sex and naked pics of girls
Expert:  danny541 replied 6 years ago.
Its possible that your daughter is curious enough that she might think being bi-sexual is not a big deal, and as she says it makes her feel good.

There isn't a great deal you can do, except I urge you to lock those channels with the parental control feature. She is too young to be watching porn of any type.

Unfortunatly we have a number of young people who have started to have sex to early in their young lives and if it gets into there heads when they are too young to really understand those urges that they have or all their young friends are telling them about, then they want to experiment and they just aren't mature enough to comprehend what its all about.

They can be fixated with it, get too interested to the point where they try things, and then, I feel it really messes with their heads before they are old enough to understand.

There is a reason, why we shouldn't do certain things to early in life, if you do it colors everything you think for the rest of your life. Get to the bottom of these feelings, explain to her she is just too young to understand it all now, but someday she will.

If you can't do it well enough in your opinion ask someone for advice !