Ms Chase
Ms Chase, #1 Just Answer Parenting Expert
Experience:  Just Answer Parenting Mentor, Emotional, Behavioral & Physical Issues. Babies to Teens.
1042561

my 7 year old let the dog lick her between the legs. When I

my 7 year old let the dog lick her between the legs. When I found her, i told her that it wasnt clean and she shouldnt allow the dog to do that. she said that she told the dog to stop but was still laying on the floor with her legs open. What else should i say ? she is almost seven . how much is to much information. I am really scared. I dont want to do the wrong thing. Please help !!
Hello RJ,

Take a deep breath, ok? To start out with, believe it or not it's not abnormal for a child, male or female to want to touch themselves and/or explore their bodies, and even sometimes the bodies of others, it's just your girl happened to get into a bit of a unique situation. At this point, don't freak out, but do stick to your guns and tell her that a dogs mouth is very unclean and it could give her a rash on her privates. Do not make a sexual issue out of it, as long as she does it. If anything comes up later you can address it, but for not, its just unhealthy for the dog to lick her there or even on her face. If she does it again, let her know she will get in trouble, and you don't want to see t again. You may want to keep an eye on her and the dog for a while to make sure they do stop. Again, don't make it a sexual thing if you don't have to, but a cleanliness thing. She also should know that no one should touch her down there except you and her, not even the dog.

Let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase