Ms Chase
Ms Chase, #1 Just Answer Parenting Expert
Experience:  Just Answer Parenting Mentor, Emotional, Behavioral & Physical Issues. Babies to Teens.

My 12 year old son clicked on a pop up that said you have ...

My 12 year old son clicked on a pop up that said you have now sold your soul to the devil. He is very scared. He is raised in a Christian household and has been saved. How do I convince him this pop up is nonsense?
Hello Hart,

Explain to him that we live in a world that loves to be scared, and loved to scare people. That's why there are thousands upon thousands of emails that are delivered every day with so much nonsense in can get a free laptop if you send this email to ten people, or websites that say they can tell your fortune, or they know how long you will live or they know who your true love is. It's all fake and it's all trash, just some people's sick way of having fun.

If he has a relationship with God, then he should know that God knows what's in his heart and that it would take far more than a simple click of a button to sell his soul to the devil, we live in a fast food world, but not quite that fast (smile). Tell him don't be so serious about it, selling your soul to the devil would entail far more than a click of a button, he would have do terrible things, and be a terrible person and he's certainly not that. Tell him to pray on it, and be more careful of the things he clicks on, not because they are true, but because a lot of those silly things install viruses on your computer.

Let me know if this helps or if you want to talk more.

Hello Hart,

I wanted to check back in with you to see how he's feeling?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Much better thank you!!!!!!
You're welcome. I'm glad. :)