Ms Chase
Ms Chase, #1 Just Answer Parenting Expert
Experience:  Just Answer Parenting Mentor, Emotional, Behavioral & Physical Issues. Babies to Teens.
1042561

Help me find a great p/t daycare/preschool for my 3 yr old

Customer Question

I live in Everett, Washington, 98201. I am looking for the following criteria in a preschool/daycare setting for my little girl: 1. Once or twice per week 2. Approximately four hours per session (no less than 3.5, but up to 8 is fine as I can just take her out early) 3. Less than $150 per month 4. In or near Downtown Everett 5. Must provide some structure, i.e. arts and crafts, educational activities, field trips, or something similar 6. I would prefer a program that operates over the summer, but will also pay for an answer for a program beginning in the fall if it meets the above criteria. I will pay $50 for this answer, but not for general ideas on how to find a daycare or websites that show me a list of daycares, I am looking specifically for an expert to provide the information on an actual program I can enroll my little one in. Thank you in advance for anyone willing to tackle this question.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hi Angela,

I wanted to let you know that I will start working on this for you. :)

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Hooray, thanks! :D Let me know if you need any more information at all.

-Angela

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I just thought of a few more details that I hope will help.

1. Please don't consider Trinity Playgroup at 23rd and Hoyt. That is where my daughter goes now, but they're closing down after this week, which is why I need to find somewhere new.

2. I don't mind preschools that are run by a church, just in case you weren't sure. Many of them in our area seem to be through the churches or religious schools.

3. I don't mind in home daycare (that was probably clear from my first post, but I wasn't sure) as long as there are already at least 2 or so other children attending. I wouldn't want my little one to be the only child there.

Thanks!

-Angela
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Thank you for that additional info Angela. I wont be able to post anything until tomorrow, when I can make phone calls if thats ok with you. If not, let me know and I will opt out.

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
I know this is a tough one, so I won't feel bad if you opt out, but I am not in a hurry, anytime within the next couple of weeks is fine, so it's up to you.

In terms of making phone calls, I will also certainly reimburse you for any long distance, etc. if you give me a general idea of the expenses. I will do that part whether or not you find one.

Thanks,

Angela
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hi Angela

I have unlimited long distance, so I wouldnt dream asking you for anything like that. I will know tomorrow if I can help once I start making a few calls. The hardest thing is knowing what's downtown and what's not, but we'll figure it out. :)

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Downtown Everett can probably be described as about a 4 square mile area bounded by 19th Street and Everett Avenue which are parallel, and Broadway Avenue and Hoyt Avenue which are parallel. I would really love to find something within this area, or perhaps 2 miles more in any direction at the most.

I hope that helps, but let me know if I can clarify anything.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hi Angela,

Are you interested in a co-op?

How old is your daughter?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Hi, Samantha is just about to turn 3, and I'm not positive what is meant by co-op, but if the program requires me to be present at all times, I would have to pass because I need the time for homework and errands. If the program just requires me to help out, I am more than happy to help part-time.

I hope that helps.

Thanks,

Angela
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hi Angela,

The co-op is Mill Creek Coop and it doesn't require you to be present at all times, you work with them to give them a time when you can come in. It's a program where each parent contributes a certain day, and also contributes a snack, and sometimes other things, but the very low price is the reward. I used a co op before, which is why I suggested it.

I am coming across a problem, which is I left over 10 messages today and no one has gotten back to me yet. Not sure if it's because I have a long distance number or not. If I don't hear back from any of them on Monday, what do you suggest?

Chase

Customer: replied 9 years ago.
Reply to Ms Chase's Post: Thanks very much for the info. This preschool looks great, but I'm afraid it doesn't meet two of my main criteria from above.

1. It is only a 2 hour session per day. I would like 3.5 or more, because I need a few hours to complete projects.

2. It is about 11 miles from Downtown Everett. I wouldn't mind, except that I don't drive, so I have to rely on the buses to get me there and back, and they don't run very often so scheduling gets difficult far from home. I noticed the zip code is 98208, my own zip code is 98201 so hopefully along with the street names above that will help narrow things down.

I really appreciate your research. I am hopeful that at least a few of the programs you called will reply to you on Monday, but if they do not, I certainly understand if you want to call it quits at that point.

I think the hardest thing overall is going to be finding a preschool with a 4 or so hour session. If you can't find one, I plan to repost this question at $30 or so for a nearby preschool with shorter sessions, so I can still take a look at info you've gotten (if you want to post it) and accept it on that basis. I know there are some nearby schools with 2 or 2.5 hour sessions, but I do want to credit you for your work, even if my first choice (a longer session) doesn't seem to exist.

I should also just mention again, in case it helps, I'm also totally open to daycare programs that will accept part time enrollement as well, as long as there is a bit of structure.

Thanks!

-Angeal

Customer: replied 9 years ago.

Thanks!

-Angela

Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Ok, will do. :) We'll talk again on monday.

Chase