Charlene Hertzberg
Charlene Hertzberg, Child care provider, parent, teache
Experience:  22 years of experience working with children, formerly worked as a parental advisor

What can I do about Parental Alienation sydrome

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Charlene Hertzberg replied 8 years ago.

The general recommendation is that the parent who is being alienated needs to fight for custody of the child. The parent also needs to find a therapist for the child, as it will take professional assistance. It is a very complicated process to do both of course, and it will take time for the damage to be repaired. For more information , here is a really useful source:

It will give you much more inforation about how to go about working with the situation.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Charlene Hertzberg's Post: The last time I seen my kids was back in oct of 2006, there was an incident in the park and the ex got the police involved and tried to get an order for protection, the order was denied and and they did not try to prosecute. My daughter will be 17 in June, and my Son is 14, so it would be next to impossible to get a change of custody esp. when they don't want to see me. My kids did love me and called me Daddy all the time, I spent 5 grand on a lawyer and all he did was fight with her lawyer and we deposed my ex, they walked out half way thru the deposition. Now I am thinking about taking her to court myself to hopefully find her in contempt of court. the web site was good, and I have looked at seveval over the last two years, but they give much hope because of the court system, how do I convince a judge that the kids do love me, I have pictures of me giving my son a piggy back ride in a state park a week before the last time I seen them.

It sounds like what you are asking really, is what legal recourse you have, is that correct?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I'm going to transfer you over the to the family legal department, so that they can help with your legal questions.