Charlene Hertzberg
Charlene Hertzberg, Child care provider, parent, teache
Experience:  22 years of experience working with children, formerly worked as a parental advisor
2993944

what is a good bedtime for a child his age and how do i get ...

Customer Question

what is a good bedtime for a child his age and how do i get him to actually go to bed without a huge fight?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Charlene Hertzberg replied 8 years ago.

What time does he need to get up in the morning?

Charlene

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
whenever, he is 3. I just wanted to know because he is impossible go go to bed without a fight. I thought i was speaking to same same expert as my last question!

If you'd prefer, I can leave the question for her to answer.

Charlene

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
if you can view my previous wuestion and analyse the situation from then then that is fine but i just need to get him under control in all aspects of his life!

Since Chase is handling the issues you had in that question, I'll leave those to her, but here are my recommendations.

1. Bedtime between 7 and 8, he should get between 10 1/2 to 12 1/2 hours including naps.

2. Have a consistent bedtime routine, and make it fun for him. Make it a special one on one time with whoever is putting him to bed.

- Do a pre-bed routine (bath, brush teeth, etc)

- Do a quiet activity that he enjoys such as a puzzle, workbook, coloring book, etc with him in his room. Make sure you do it together and try to keep that time as undisturbed as possible.

- Read a bedtime story while you snuggle in his bed.

- Put him to bed. If he gets up, put him back, and keep doing so, he'll get the idea after a night or two.

Hope that helps,

Charlene

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THANK YOU, XXXXX XXXXX THE ADVICE, I DID HOWEVER GET MY ANSWERES. THANK YOU AGAIN!