danny541, Parenting Answer Team
Experience:  Have 5 children !

Im pregnant and the gut im is adament about an abortion

I think abortions are immoral and its against my religious beliefs but i know i'm in no position to care for a child. I dont know if i should for both our sake cause he's in the marines and in may he's leaving to iraq so he wont be around to be able to help. What should I do?
Category: Parenting
Expert:  danny541 replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer !

Is their parents on his/your side to help you with this ?

Does he want/or know about the baby ?

What is your position you are in ?

Answer these questions if you can. I'd really like to help you with this.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to danny541's Post: Neither of our parents know. I'm just a month and a half into it.

He does know and his first words when i told him was that i have to have an abortion because neither of us are ready for a child.

I've been house hopping for a while now. I had lived at a shelter for the month of october but it was too depressing so i left. My living situation has been unstable for the past three years. And at the end of december my job placed me on medical leave so I have no income right now.
Expert:  danny541 replied 8 years ago.
Could you handle giving this child up for adoption ?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I wouldn't know unless it happened but I think I could. But I don't feel like its just my decision to make.
But whenever I try bringing up another option other than an abortion he won't even consider it. All he says is for me to just call and make an appointment and that if its the money i'm worried about he'll pay for it. It's not the money.
Expert:  danny541 replied 8 years ago.

You must stick to your rights on this. Abortion is against your moral beliefs, and I can agree with you totally on this. It is your decision to make, its also his right. But in the end he has to accept that abortion to you is wrong, and its against all you believe in.

Until you discuss this with your parents , you don't know how they might help you, this is also their grandchild, if you want to keep this little one. If not then, their are many , wonderful people who are wanting children so badly and could give the child a wonderful home. You can even make a decision for on down the road if your child wants to know you when they are older.

Your right, its not about the money, this is your body. Stick to your guns, if he doesn't want the baby, then give the baby up to someone who will give him/her a good home and love them.

This decision you make will effect the rest of your life ! And I care !