Theresa, Psychologist
Experience:  PhD. Clinical Psychology - Ex. Director Adolescent Treatment Facility

Should he get the puppy

Brody is 15 and he was failing 3 classes. He wanted a puppy and we said if he brought his grades up and turned in all his homework. The puppy came in yesterday and we went to see it. He was thinking of names last night on the internet.We also put$ down. Today we recieved from the internet a peek at grades which is put out by the school. He did bring up 2 classes but is still failing 1. He also did not turn in 1 assignment last thursday. What do we do? Get a dog at a later date? Get the puppy and take away other things? or something else.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Theresa replied 8 years ago.
Answered via Just Answer Chat.
Expert:  Theresa replied 8 years ago.

I apologize, it appears as though we were disconnected. We can complete this discussion here if you would like. The only difference is that it will take a little longer for we will each have to go in and out!

However, there will be no additional charge to you.

Let me know what you would like to do.

Thank you,