Ms Chase
Ms Chase, #1 Just Answer Parenting Expert
Experience:  Just Answer Parenting Mentor, Emotional, Behavioral & Physical Issues. Babies to Teens.
1042561

My grandson will be three in April.

He stayed with me last night. he is in the process of being potty trained, when i took off the diaper he came in and put on his big boy panties. he immediately took them off and started playing with his penis. I raised two boys , his dad being my oldest son, but I have never experienced what I saw my grandson do last night.   he would lick his fingers as if to keep it lubricated and at one piont he layed down and tried to put his finger in his bottom. where does a three years old get this.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Bourne,

Who does he live with?

He did this in front of you?

Did you say anything to him about it?

Chase

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He lives with both parents,
They both work, and he spents alot of time with his maternial grandfather.
He did most of it infront of me.
I told him " that is for t-ting with and he needed to quit.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
He lives with both parents, they work and he and his sister (she will be six in feb) spent alot of time with family babysitters. Mostly the maternal grandfather.
Yes, He did most of it in front of me.

I told him " that is for t-ting with and he needed to stop.
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 6 years ago.

Hello Bourne,

His behaviors of licking his fingers and putting his finger in his rear is learned behavior. Meaning this is behavior believe he is learning from someone else. You are in a hard position right now, you can either speak to someone at child services, or you can talk to the parents and let them know your thoughts. Although it is pretty normal for a child to play with their genitals at almost any age, this goes beyond curiosity. Have you tried talking to him and asking who showed him that or if he ever does it with anyone?

The hardest thing is to get parents to look at what might be going on. Perhaps they would consider putting hidden cameras to see whats going on while they aren't there. Or they can try and talk to the child as well and see if they can get any info out of him. Its scary to think someone could ave done something to him, but again, in my experience, this goes beyond the ordinary.

I welcome your thoughts, let me know if you want to talk more.

Chase

Experience: Just Answer Parenting Mentor, Emotional, Behavioral & Physical Issues. Babies to Teens.