Ms Chase
Ms Chase, #1 Just Answer Parenting Expert
Experience:  Just Answer Parenting Mentor, Emotional, Behavioral & Physical Issues. Babies to Teens.

Do you know how to get gobs of lip balm out of hair

Customer Question

My daughter put lots of lip balm on her hair close to her scalp. I need to find out how to remove it.
Category: Parenting
Expert:  Ms Chase replied 9 years ago.

Hello Carol,

Try Dawn first or a grease cutting dish soap with the water as warm as she can take it. If that doesn't help, try this and see if it works, get some fine cornstarch or powder shampoo, and apply liberally to the hair, gently patting it into the hair, leave it on for 5-10 min. Add tablespoon of baking soda to 1/2 cup of baby shampoo, and wash in as warm of water as the child can take (be careful!), because the cold water actually makes it harder. Let me know how it works. You may have to do the whole thing again for a couple of days, but eventually you should be able to get it out. Let me know how this works for you.