Tammy F.
Tammy F., Not an active Expert
Experience:  Not an active Expert
2456257

IS IT TOO SOON

Customer Question

MY SON IS 11 MONTHS OLD AND HE NO LONGER WANTS A BOTTLE. HE'S EATING 2 STAGE 3 JARS OF FOOD 3 TIMES A DAY. CAN I GIVE HIM REGULAR MILK YET? WILL HE BE OK WITHOUT?
Category: Parenting
Customer: replied 11 years ago.
i'm sorry i hit the delete button on accident, but i think my problem is that he's not interested in the formula
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

That's ok.  Thanks for letting me why you deleted.

I think that you will find that he is just as interested in cow's milk as he is in the formula, unfortunately.  If you ARE going to switch him over, you will want to switch only 1/4 of the formula for milk to start.  Then go a few days and switch another 1/4.

My baby is 14 months old and would not drink milk at all (he nursed for a quite a while).  When it was time for a cup, he would have nothing to do with it.  My dr recommended adding a little ovaltine to the milk to give it a good flavor, not to mention that it's full of vitamins.  It worked like a charm.  We switched him over to whole milk and then started to phase out the ovaltine.  Now he's drinking straight whole milk.

You can add ovaline to formula as well.

Let me know if you still have questions.

Customer: replied 11 years ago.
Reply to tfalkner's Post: how much ovaltine to the fromula can i give him. I had been giving him 6 oz. It seems as though he would much rather have food. I think what happened is when he was born he had really bad reflux, so we had to put him on Similac Alimentum. We wanted to try him on regular formula before going to milk, so we did, and he did really well with the reflux, but you could tell he didn't like the new formula as much. His Dr. had told me to give him more food and now he eats like a pig but won't drink the formula.
Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

I would just one tablespoon of the ovaltine per 6 oz glass of milk.

At this age, he should be getting at least 3 8 oz glasses of milk or formula every day along with his meals to meet his nutritional needs.

I bet you'll find that he likes the ovaline "chocolate" milk quite a bit.

Expert:  Tammy F. replied 11 years ago.

Do you still need information on this question?  I just noticed that you did not accept my answer.  I do not get paid until you use the accept button.  Your deposit just sits there, unclaimed.  Using the accept button will transfer your deposit over to my account.

Can you go ahead and take care of this for me?

Thanks!