DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine Doctor
55099014

Please could an orthopedic expert take a look at my recent

Customer Question

Please could an orthopedic expert take a look at my recent feet and hands xrays and offer me a report? Many thanks.J
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  khagihara replied 2 months ago.

How old are you? Are you a male or a female? Do you have any symptoms? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications? Any family medical history?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Female 48yrs. Had Rheumatoid factor in blood 5 years ago but not since. Have alot of pain in feet, mostly left one. some numbness outer side and top especially. Noticed arches seem to be getting higher and I can't get get any shoes that aren't too tight around the top of left foot especially now. Also, balance not good and left foot appears to be rather limp and falls to the right when I put it up to rest it. Walking is painful, worse in mornings and during/after short walk or standing. I have degenerative arthritis in L45 spine also. Uncle had ankilosing spondilitis, died in his 20's. Aunt has stenosis, degenerative arthritis in spine and had lost much height before she was 55. Rheumatologist says I have all the signs of Lupus except blood negative for it. I have chronic pain especially in neck, left shoulder, hands/feet, lumbar region. Diagnosed dry eyes and dry nasal passages, very dry mouth diagnosed.

Your x-ray seems to be normal now. You don't worry about it. Is your stress increased just before your symptoms started?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Can you refer to another neurologist please
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 2 months ago.

I can help

do you still need help?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
please, can you check over these x-rays possibly? The first is a similar picture to how my left foot looks especially. The top of it is very painful and my rheumatologist said it was quite stiff. I find walking painful and it aches constantly at night and feels very cold. Thanks for looking.

do you smoke or have PAD?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
hi, I'm not a smoker. I was diagnosed with Peripheral nerve damage and suffer from Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia. Re the IST I've been under a cardiologist for around 4 years and they still haven't got it under control so that's exhausting and very debilitating. Use a wheelchair, age 48, 11st 2 female.

I think this is all from the nerve damage Jan

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Would peripheral nerve damage definitely show up on spine / head MRIs ?
I have just had these done and if you are a techy you could access them (They are DCM files) on my Google Drive using a link.

No that is central nervous system stuff

The PND would be outside the CNS

so it wouldn't show

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Have you checked out my other health questions at all? I've jotted down several symptoms I've had for few years now there. I'm not sure how this website works.

I can't see them. No

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Here is one of my 'write ups':
'Can you check out my very recent head and brain MRI scans for anything, I also have cognitive problems and feel I am declining mentally and physically as I get very severe head pain roughly 2-3 wks per month now. They started some time ago when i had sepsis episodes after major surgery (I've had 11 major full laparotomy ops on pelvic/ab due to abscesses) and septicaemia/sepsis/intensive care before this too. At the age of 21-23 I had many grand mal fits, 2 status epilepticus fits, 1 lasted 7 hours. I had stroke like symptoms during the sepsis episode phase 5 yrs ago and haven't really been the same since then. Health deteriorating, severe fatigue, numbnesses, jumpy legs, tingling, severe memory problems, lumbar and neck pain been bad since age of 17 and there is spondylothesis / sclerosis / degen arth in the family - Aunt and uncle.I use a power chair due to the terrible fatigue, chronic abdo pain, lumbar and leg/left foot pain and because my pulse is 135 most of time with IST and postural hypotension, low temp and feel fluey majority of time with stiff neck when head pain flares up at occipital and left forehead mostly with numbness also down left of face. Tested neg for thyroid. Had Rheum Factor in my blood back in 2012 but not since. Diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and Lupus seems possible except bloods don't show that up.
Could you report your findings please including any brain/neck/spine findings if any plus check the discs out re my previously discussed symptoms? I'd really appreciate it! 'Can you let me know which symptoms tie in with PND possibly?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Also, this link will take you to an interesting discussion I had with another specialist - You'll find further down the page it becomes more relevant I think.
IF you STILL think it is likely to be PND symptoms, then again, could you, if you have time, single out what would be specific symptoms and also please, if acceptable with you, could you do a 'write up' piecing things together. MAYBE something I can offer up to my GP and Rheumatologist I'd be most grateful to you. Let me know ok. Many thanks. J
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Finally, here is one image of my spinal MRI showing the degenerated disc. Dr David positioned the arrow. Originally, I thought that might be the cause of the left foot issues.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Hi Dr Phil, please could we finish our discussion as above? It would clarify and finalise things for me. Many thanks

Sorry I wasn't notified that you replied

what questions remain?