Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor
Experience:  Cardiology
54460990

I may have the same doctor but I am still wondering what to

Customer Question

I may have the same doctor but I am still wondering what to expect from my CT Scan with contrast, I got my report online but have not heard from the doctor was concerned about this report and what might or what needs to be done.1. Subscapularis demonstrates interstitial tearing of cranial fibers
2. Medial subluxation of bicipital groove.
3. Glenoid Labrum/Capsule/Long Head Biceps globally labral degeneration
4. Full thickness cartilage loss at the posterior and superior glenoid
5. Partial thickness cartilage loss of the humeral head.
6. Near full thickness articular sided tear of the infraspinatus w/ delamination into distal supraspinatus fiberI am 53 years old and I lead a very athletic life growing up. I have two artificial knees, three plates in my neck and three screws in my right shoulder from a previous tear years ago.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 2 months ago.

I'll be glad to help.

I'm not sure if this is of your right shoulder or left shoulder, but it shows signs of arthritis from chronic use at the shoulder joint level (loss of cartilage) and tear of muscles that support the shoulder and arm in specific movements. It is not clear from the report if the tear is in the body of the muscle or in the tendons connecting the muscles to the bones, but if you have pain or tenderness or limited mobility you should be seen by an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation which can include corrective surgery.

Wish you best of luck.

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating.