How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Moe Zafarani Your Own Question
Moe Zafarani
Moe Zafarani, Doctor
Category: Orthopedics
Satisfied Customers: 101
Experience:  Cardiology
Type Your Orthopedics Question Here...
Moe Zafarani is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I may have the same doctor but I am still wondering what to

Customer Question

I may have the same doctor but I am still wondering what to expect from my CT Scan with contrast, I got my report online but have not heard from the doctor was concerned about this report and what might or what needs to be done.1. Subscapularis demonstrates interstitial tearing of cranial fibers
2. Medial subluxation of bicipital groove.
3. Glenoid Labrum/Capsule/Long Head Biceps globally labral degeneration
4. Full thickness cartilage loss at the posterior and superior glenoid
5. Partial thickness cartilage loss of the humeral head.
6. Near full thickness articular sided tear of the infraspinatus w/ delamination into distal supraspinatus fiberI am 53 years old and I lead a very athletic life growing up. I have two artificial knees, three plates in my neck and three screws in my right shoulder from a previous tear years ago.
Submitted: 2 months ago.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Moe Zafarani replied 2 months ago.

I'll be glad to help.

I'm not sure if this is of your right shoulder or left shoulder, but it shows signs of arthritis from chronic use at the shoulder joint level (loss of cartilage) and tear of muscles that support the shoulder and arm in specific movements. It is not clear from the report if the tear is in the body of the muscle or in the tendons connecting the muscles to the bones, but if you have pain or tenderness or limited mobility you should be seen by an orthopedic surgeon for further evaluation which can include corrective surgery.

Wish you best of luck.

Please don't forget to leave a positive rating.

Related Orthopedics Questions