DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
53992458

Is there a orthopedic and prosthetics doctor that will work

Customer Question

is there a orthopedic and prosthetics doctor that will work on another patients prosthetic from another state and make the adjustments
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  drcaplan replied 2 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

Expert:  drcaplan replied 2 months ago.

I noticed that you're waiting a few hours and not finding an answer to your question about prosthetics. I'm happy to try to help you find an orthopedist who may be able to help, if you'd like.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 2 months ago.

It's not surprising that you may have had trouble finding a quick solution. Doctors are typically covered by malpractice which is state-dependent. So, if they made something for a patient in another state, they may be assuming a lot of potential risk, should things not go according to plan. That may be a difficult position for an orthopedist to step into.

Expert:  drcaplan replied 2 months ago.

It seems that you're not able to chat at the moment - certainly not a problem. I’ll convert the chat session to a Question & Answer session. That way, we can both continue to post questions/comments/answers, without time restrictions, until you feel satisfied with the information you’ve received.

Feel free to click "reply" to post answers and more questions at any time. When you click “ reply” and type out your comment/question, I will be notified to come back and answer. You are not charged more than the initial deposit, no matter how long it takes for us to chat, so this will just take the time restrictions away for both of us. When you feel satisfied that I have addressed your concern completely, you can then press "accept" and rate the answer so that I may be compensated for the time.