DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
53992458

Had rods put in lower back in 2009. Went to er with severe

Customer Question

Had rods put in lower back in 2009. Went to er with severe pain and stinging. They did exrays and said my rods were broken. Told me to get a hold of my doctor next day. Did that can't get in until the 30th of November. Is it possible for your rods to break without Ingres?
JA: How long have you had the pain? What seems to make the pain better or worse?
Customer: 2 weeks
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I've had 4 previous back surgerys. Also I have this breaking out in my lower abodem that is not rash but like sores. I know it's not shingles because I've had them before. Could this breaking out be related to the rods breaking? This has happen since I been to the er.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 18 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do by best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

What were the rods put in your lower back for back in 2009?

It is very unlikely that metal rods would break on their own without any injuries. Did anything happen 2 weeks ago to make the pain come back? When was the last of your 4 back surgeries and what were they for?

How long have you had the rash and is it painful or itchy? Could you take a picture for me and upload here so I can help you better?

Thank you so much!

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
In the lower part were l 3-4 disks area is. There was a popping in my back twice the day before I went to er.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Don't have 50 dollars thanks anyway

Ok, so my understanding is you do not wish to go on with me answering your question?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Can't afford it just wanted peace of mind.

Ok, thank you.