khagihara
khagihara, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in multiple medical fields for many years.
20084961

This is a questions for a orthopaedic doctor about my

Customer Question

this is a questions for a orthopaedic doctor about my knees..i have always walked for my excercise and do so usually about 3 times a week at mostly about 2 miles each time..i am about 20 pounds over weight and have fatty liver so doc told me to up my walking ..so i did walking 5 times this week and uped the speed. and once walking 6 miles the other times walking about 3 miles..yesterday i was hurting in my knees in the front of them ..so guess i over did it..so what i want to know is what i should do for them..i am goign on vacation next friday and i will be doign alot of walking around on the beach and so forth.do you think i will not be able to go..should i go to doc on tuesday or try at home stuff.this is what ive done so far.i put cold compress on each knee for about 15 mins.then rubbed ointment on for muscle aches.then this morning put magnesium oil on.,and i happen to ahve a antiflamatory from when i hurt my neck its called relafen 500mg.but its from 2014.will this help.and should i stay off my feet today to rest..i really want to go on vaca.thanks
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr. Muneeb Ali replied 6 months ago.

Would you like my assistance? No orthopedic doctor is currently online, or would you prefer to wait?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
well i can wait and see if one will answer.im assuming that is the kind of doctor i need for my knees

Okay no problem, ill opt out and see let other experts have access to your question. if no orthopedic surgeon answers it after a while ill check back with you. Dont reply to this response as that will lock teh question to me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
dont look like a ortho doc is gona help me..can you help me dr.ali
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
is there anyone that can help me out since a ortho wont answer
Expert:  khagihara replied 6 months ago.

You should take anti-pain medication and take a rest. You should do station bike or swimming instead of walking. They are less impact to the knees.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
are the antiflamatory pills i have any good to take they are relafen 500mg.but from 2014.but i love walking..maybe i should jsut not do it as much as i ahve been and only do a mile at a time instead of 5..is there any other advice of what i could use to help them feel better?should i go to doc..i leave to go out of town on fri.i want to feel better to be able to go
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i read that its not good to take the antiflamotory pill with cipro..i have a uti and on cipro also.why does it say that..

Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Agents (pain medication) may increase the serum concentration of Quinolone Antibiotics (cipro). That means cipro works well. You may take them together. It is said that it may enhance the neuroexcitatory and/or seizure-potentiating effect of Quinolone Antibiotics. If you don't have brain problem or seizure problem, you don't need to worry about the interaction.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
well dont have a big enough pool to swim to get excerse in and dont have a bike.besides i ahve neck and back issues also and doc made me quit gym last year becasue of my neck so walking was all i got..do you think it will be okay as long as i dont over do the walking like i did this time.?and i had asked earlier was also wnating some tips on what i could do for my knees to feel better..like what about cold compresses or epsom salt

Doesn't the gym have a pool and station bikes?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i dont have membership anymore..my neck doctor said no more gym..for me to jsut do straching excersies.and no it doesnt ahve a pool..but would you please answer me about what else i can do to relive pain for my knees right now at home..is cold compresses okay
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
stretching i meant to say
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
never mind its jsut esaier to look it up on tips of what to do for pain..thanks anyway

Both heat and cold can relieve pain in your joint. Heat also relieves stiffness, and cold can relieve muscle spasms and pain. Use cream such as aspirin-like compounds, that are absorbed into your skin.

I don't opt out. Who opted out.