DoctorGZ
DoctorGZ, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified in Orthopedics
53992458

Please do not lock. Not a duplicate. I would like to request

Customer Question

Please do not lock. Not a duplicate. I would like to request an orthopedic specialist for this question. My son says his ankle hurts when he flexes his foot toward him. It has been going on for about a year. He said he was using a machine in the gym a year ago that does calf raises. He thought the machine was in lock position and it wasn't which caused his calves to flop downward which overstretched the ankle area. He has no pain when sitting still, mostly when he flexes his foot toward him. His ankle hurts in the front area.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr. David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David

he could have caused a hairline fracture or a strained tendon in the front part of his ankle.

he should see a doctor and get an ankle xray to check for airline fractures.

a year is a long time

it doesn't sound like he has seen a doctor yet or had an ankle xray or MRI scan yet.