DIEGO BONILLA
DIEGO BONILLA, Doctor
Experience:  Pulmonary/ Critical Care at Boston University
93381398

I'm looking anti-inflammatory medication that does not

Customer Question

I'm looking for an anti-inflammatory medication that does not promote GI bleeding. My digestive system hates me for as long as I can remember and I'm 53. I'm looking at the new med Duexis. I understand it's coated and is gentle on the GI tract.
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My doctor is well aware of my condition... Arthritis, degenerative disc disease, bone spurs, bulging discs, eat... My cousin works on new drugs released by the FDA - gathering data, analyzing the data and then writes the patient info, pharm rep info and Doctor info. Right now I'm taking Ibuprofen (horrible) after being taken off prescription opioids. I hope I answered your question appropriately. I do take other meds for additional ailments.
JA: When I spend too long on the sofa I tell myself I'm resting my joints. Not sure that really works. Ask our Expert while you're visiting, I'm sure they'll help.
Customer: Thank you for your input. Any comments regarding the Duexis?
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: He knows everything. I don't believe in wasting my time and money to withhold info.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Orthopedic Surgeon about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  DIEGO BONILLA replied 4 months ago.

Hello

This is Dr. Bonilla, experienced in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care.

I understand your concerns. Duexis is a combination of famotidine and ibuprofen. Famotidine is a medication that decreases the amount of acid in the stomach. However ibuprofen causes decreased mucus production in the stomach. You will likely have stomach problems even with this combination pill. For the kind of pain that you have you can use intra-articular steroids or topical NSAIDs. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks

Let me know if you have any other questions. Please rate my answer