Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Medicine doctor, PGCSD(dermatology)
6740150

About a month ago I started experiencing pain along my outer

Customer Question

About a month ago I started experiencing pain along my outer forearm and elbow after an intense week of packing and moving boxes. I toughed it out thinking it was something like tennis elbow or fatigue and would improve but it worsened. It soon spread to include pain along my lower bicep. I can't hold anything heavier than a cellphone and I cant bend my arm more than 90 degrees for more than a few seconds. I saw an orthopedist last week who did xray and said there was nothing notable he recommended rest and ice, which I've been doing all along. The pain is starting to become constant and simple tasks like buttoning my pants sharpen the pain. I'm at a total lost as to what this could be. Should I revisit the orthopedist?
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Hello,Welcome to Justanswer website.Myself Dr Josh and I’m happy to help with your question today. I am sorry to hear about your problems. Well, from the description it sounds to be Tennis Elbow.This is a very common condition caused by overuse of arm, forearm, and hand muscles.This is not diagnosed with X-ray, and is usually diagnosed by the description of pain you described.The line of treatment is-Physical therapy and Medications.Forearm bracing would be very useful.Most likely, with conservative treatment such condition, can be easily managed.Yes, you need to re- visit Orthopedician and discuss this issue.You should take help from physical therapist. Physical therapy includes various modalities like - Short wave diathermy, Infra red , Wax therapy , these will help you a lot.Also, , topical anti-inflammatory gels and painkillers would be very useful.Application of ice packs on affected parts would be helpful.Please see Orthopedician and get this issue managed. Hope this helpedPlease use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meMy goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 6 months ago.
Dear, Please use the REPLY BUTTON to reply back to meIf you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.Thank you.Kind RegardsDr.Josh