Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice

I have an arthritic toe that prevents correct walking,

Customer Question

I have an arthritic toe that prevents correct walking, balancing that causes me to walk in such a manner as to avoid hitting the toe. THis causes difficulty walking correctly (losing balance) attempting to favor the left side of my foot while walking. My podiatrist says nothing can be done since surgery would worsen the condition. What can I do about this to be able to walk normally?
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 6 months ago.
Hello!You may benefit to consult orthopedic specialist as well..Physical therapy may be of benefit Using a cane along with the painful footstep may be of help to you ....I suspect between these options that you may see benefit ...I hope that this is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questionsBest regards!Anthony Bray MD