Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

Get my first injection of Euflexxa tomorrow. No medial knee

Customer Question

Get my first injection of Euflexxa tomorrow. No medial knee cartilage left Candidate for TKR, but at 52, I'm not interested. how effective is this injection?
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 9 months ago.

Hello

I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.

I am sorry that you have had to wait for so long to get an answer.

Unfortunately I did not get notified of your question being posted due to a technical glitch.

Coming to your question, Euflexxa is a good option for temporary pain relief in osteoarthritis of knee .The effect of injection may last anywhere from 3 months to 1 years.The average expected time of relief is 6 months.

Good thing is that the injection can be repeated multiple times without any side effects.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you for your reply Dr. Sawhney. I'm just hoping to buy some time and put off the inevitable TKR. I know techniques have changed and the surgery is much easier on the patient than years ago, but replacement parts are never as good as the original! Even if I can achieve relief for a few years, I think it's worth the gamble. Again, thank you for your response. Still very nervous, but I'm going for it!

You are correct in your thinking. You should try to delay the knee replacement as far as possible.

I hope Euflexxa will give u some time.

Best of luck for your injection. There is nothing to be nervous about. It is a minor procedure.

Feel free to ask if you have any more queries.

If you are done do remember to rate my answer positively by clicking 4 or 5 stars at the top of your page as this is the only way we get assessed and credited for our work and time on this website.