Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

I had a upper bicep tear on my right shoulder it was the

Customer Question

I had a upper bicep tear on my right shoulder it was the small tenden that tore my bicep bunched up in my arm they call it a pop pye what can be done
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.

Hello

Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.

I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.

I need some more information.

Please tell me your age and gender.

How long back did this happen?

What are your symptoms?

How physically active you are?

Do you suffer from any other disease like diabetes?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a 55 year old male it ha been 2 months I have pain in the left side of my upper shoulder and discomfort in my bicep I am vary active no I don't have any other diseases. the dr. told me I didn't need it fix I told him I wanted it fix he told me it was a cosmetic repair and I would not lose any strength in my arm I had a second opinion 3 weeks after it happened that dr. told me it was to late to repair so if the first dr. would of done as I asked could it have been fixed and what where the risks
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply.

In almost all the cases treatment is non surgical as there is minimal or no functional loss after biceps rupture.

Surgical treatment is considered only in people with high functional demand like athletes are labourers.

Surgical treatment of fresh ruptures could have been performed with minimal risk. Even now surgical treatment can be done but it would require greater dissection of tissue and may also need tendon grafting.

Feel free to ask any follow-up question.