Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

I had a question and discussion with Dr. Phil -orthopedics -

Customer Question

Hi! I had a question and discussion with Dr. Phil -orthopedics - my question sent at 6:05 pm last night. I am hoping you can retrieve that conversation. I simply wanted to ask one of the doctors what types of reprecussions are possilble if I do nothing?
My neck problems are impairing my quality of life - so I intend to see some specialists - but I wanted to know what risks are possible if I do nothing (I'm referring to the problems noted on my c6-c7 vertebre from my last week MRI).
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.
Hi, this message is from customer service. We need to contact you, but because we do not have your email address, we are unable to. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. http://www.justanswer.com/orthopedics/9inx4-question-discussion-dr-phil.html
Thank you, ***** Support Team
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.

I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.

Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.

I am going through your previous conversation and will answer you shortly.

Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.

I have gone through your conversation and have read your MRI report carefully.

I do not think that you require surgery at present.

MRI shows left-sided disc extrusion and nerve compression at C5 C6 why the pain going down to your shoulder is on right side. This indicates that left sided disc extrusion s not causing any major radiating pain.

The changes of Arthritis in cervical spine are responsible for your neck neck pain and stiffness. These will not be ameliorated by surgical treatment.

You should show this to a spine specialist for clinical examination and opinion based on clinical examination and investigation that is MRI.

Stiffness and pain in neck would be helped by a physiotherapy program to increase the strength and flexibility of your cervical spine.

Feel free to ask any follow-up questions.