Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I used to work as a mehcanic and used to work all days on my

Customer Question

Hello I used to work as a mehcanic and used to work all days on my knees I'm only 21 years old and now I can't run beucase of pain on my knees like if I have a torn ligament now I can't run or do any exercise with running or bicycle and this has been over 3 years and I don't work on my knees anymore only office and still have a lot of pain when I try to exercise wanting to see if any steroid would help me cure my knees I don't have insurance and can't afford going to doctor
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 11 months ago.

Hi and thanks for query,

Ideally you should see an orthopedic surgeon and might need surgery that is arthoscopy but other option is see a pain physician they can give you steroid injection into knee joint to help reduce inflammation and relieve pain for longer periods of time. Take vitamin D and calcium supplements and apply ibuprofen gel over the painful area it would help.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Please do leave a positive rating.

Wish you good health.