Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

I had my second hip replacement October last year . since then

Customer Question

I had my second hip replacement October last year . since then I am having constant pain in the base of my spine .It is painful after sitting and walking. I had an epidural prior to the operation , the Anaesthetist had 3-4 attempts at inserting the Epidural. I have been told that I have since the operation , ( a twisted spine ). Can you advise me on this matter.
My next appointment with the Triage nurse is next week .I am waiting to have surgical appliances to correct my 2 cm leg shortage.
My whole life has changed since these operations I cant balance on the operated leg and I am very depressed. I was a qualified nurse for 30years and only retired @78 years of age , I am now 81 years of age.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.
Hello I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.I am going through your question and answer you shortly.Thanks