Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

I have a broken shoulder. And seeing my ortho next Thurs.

Customer Question

I have a broken shoulder. And seeing my ortho next Thurs. I've had it for at least a few weeks now. It got better, now worse again. Is it possible that the nerve in my shoulder has now gone down to my hand? Sometimes feeling like pins and needles in my
hand.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.

Hello

I am an Orthopaedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.

Since how long have you been having this pins and needles sensation? Please define which part of the hand or fingers specifically get the sensations?

Do you feel any weakness in your hand?

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
in my fingers, and the palm of my hand. Just started today. Not sure what I did to cause that
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your reply.

It is extremely unlikely that you would have injured a nerve so long after injury.

Most likely these sensations are a result of a nerve getting irritated as a result of a particular posture in which the am has been placed.

You do not have to worry unless you develop any weakness in the hand. You can wait till Thursday for your orthopedic appointment.