Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Is there any doctor out there (I do not know what category

Customer Question

Is there any doctor out there (I do not know what category it would be classified under) who knows how to find out (without a DNA test, as I lost my job and am trying to get Disability) how to tell if you really have EDS (Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome) or not.
I have had "lax-joint syndrome" all my life...
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr. Rick, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Question and answer is just one of the services I offer. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.
Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
other medical problems or take any medications: yes, but they are not related to what I am trying to find out about Lax Joint Syndrome/EDS, joint disintegration, juvenile arthritis, having phase 2-3 degradation by age 24 on neck and spine...etc. I can't work right now, SSA doesn't believe I have anything "out of the ordinary" that is keeping me from working. My hands are failing just like my grandmothers (who filed for disability and had over a dozen surgeries to replace joints) and my fathers, age 57, he lost use, my mother had to write a letter to get his Social Security/Medicaid/help. I am suffering 5 years earlier, and can no longer use my hands for 48+ hours without dropping everything and getting let go/not retained/fired... I now am broke, lost my vehicle, and am in fear of my house next...I need to know something real that I can use that can identify my real pain and hand usage loss problem, along with the rest of it to let them know I am not JUST NORMAL - I could handle that! HELP!!!

At this point I think the best thing for you to do would be to gather up copies of all your medical records and travel to a large University Teaching hospital. At an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.

The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.

I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned the top rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS