DocPhilMD
DocPhilMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine Doctor
55099014

FOLLOWING AN ULTRASOUND I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH AN UNUSUAL

Customer Question

ULTRASOUND RESULTS COMMENTS; UNUSUAL MASS THICKENING THE PLANTAR FASCIA AT THE MIDFOOT IS PROBABLY JUST A LARGE PLANTAR FIBROMA BUT GIVEN ITS SIZE AN ORTHOPAIDIC OPINION IS SUGGESTED FOR FURTHER ASSESSMENT. I HAVE A REFERRAL FROM MY GP TO AN ORTHOPEDICS SURGEON. MY GP HAS MENTIONED POSSIBLE BIOPSY DUE TO HISTORY OF NON-INVASIVE MELONOMAS. MEASUREMENTS MASS 33 X 6 X 12 mm. I AM INTERESTED TO KNOW WHAT YOUR TREATMENT PLAN WOULD BE. THE LUMP IS VERY PAINFUL AND IT IS DIFFICULT TO WEAR A SHOE. .

Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
what are your symptoms?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

my symptons are: pain and discomfort. The lump is visible through the skin. I can feel the lump when I walk. The pain radiates down and accross my foot. The pain and soreness is constant and has got worse over the last 2 weeks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

CAN I PLEASE GET A WRITTEN GENERAL OPINION. THE PHONE CHARGES FROM AUSTRALIA ARE TOO EXPENSIVE FOR ME. THANKYOU

Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I highly doubt this is cancer or anything like that. I agree with seeing ortho and I would get an MRI to better characterize it. If MRI isn't conclusive then biopsy
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 1 year ago.
I noticed that our chat is not complete.

My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.