Anthony Bray, MD
Anthony Bray, MD, Doctor
Experience:  14 years experience in the field of Family Practice
13781349

I'm getting some pain in my left foot at the joint where the

Customer Question

I'm getting some pain in my left foot at the joint where the pinky toe connects with the foot. When I walk I will sometimes get minor pain but yesterday when I was sitting down and had my feet at an angle to the floor I noticed when I had my left foot
on its left side with that joint directly on the floor, when I rotated my foot and "rolled" around on the joint a little I got very intense pain. This seems odd to me because I haven't injured this area and didn't notice anything that would have caused this.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Anthony Bray, MD replied 1 year ago.
Hello!
It sounds that the problem may relate to angulation change which may have occurred over time as you are not aware of any injury. The 5 th toe may have process similar to bunion of the great toe.
So wide shoes may help some.
Taking an anti-inflammatory such as Aleve 1 to 2 tablets twice a day with food may help..
It may be helpful for you to see a podiatrist.
The history of this sounds very much more of a quick incidental pain so it may have been a nerve that was transiently pulled or twisted or compressed because of your position.
To the extent that this may have been a rarevpain event you may watch this as it may be of such a rare nature that no action needs to be taken...
I don't think I would pursue it or worry if this was a rare pain and not at all ongoing...
I hope that this is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you. If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank You and Best Regards,
Anthony Bray MD