Dr.Sawhney
Dr.Sawhney, Orthopedic Surgeon
Experience:  More than a decade of post qualification experience
4931939

I have had what i believe to be trigger finger past

Customer Question

I have had what i believe to be trigger finger for the past few months but have not been able to see a doctor since my insurance was cancelled and still do not have the funds to get another insurance. My question is, what can i do to treat this condition
at home in order to either improve it naturally or prevent it from worsening any further.
Category: Orthopedics
Expert:  Dr.Sawhney replied 1 year ago.
Hello
I amCustomeran orthopedic surgeon and I would be happy to help you today.
There are a few things which you can do at home for the trigger finger.You may use contrast application of ice and heat.Keep your finger in hot water for 1 minute followed by icing it for one minute and same sequence to be repeated for 15 to 20 minutes at a time.
This can be followed by messaging the painful nodule in finger where triggering occurs.
Another important point to be followed is to avoid any painful activity.
Splinting of the joint at the base of finger keeping it in 15 degrees of flexion has also shown to help.But you will need to see an orthodontist/ prosthetist to get a proper splint.